Georgia Tech Benefits
Open Enrollment: Oct. 23 to Nov. 3
USG benefits are centered around you to help you balance your health, work, and financial well-being goals. Choose from an array of benefits and programs for 2024. Attend the in-person Annual Benefits and Wellness Fair, review your options, and enroll by November 3. Now is the time to start exploring and creating an experience Centered on You!
Be sure to complete your certifications to avoid tobacco, and working spouse surcharges!
Georgia Tech OE Information Sessions
Attend a virtual information session with Georgia Tech’s Sr. Benefits administrator.
Annual Benefits & Wellness Fair 2023
It’s that time of year to make changes to your benefits, select new ones, and drop others. But, what if you need more information about a particular benefit or need assistance signing up? The Annual Benefits and Wellness Fair will be held this year on Tuesday, October 24 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the Exhibition Hall. You will have the opportunity to:
- Speak directly to vendors and benefits counselors
- Join a variety of well-being workshops
- 10 – 10:30 a.m. – Ergonomic Excellence: Unlocking Productivity through Assessments & Stretching, presented by Jammal Taylor and Jerry Jackson from Environmental Health & Safety
- 10:30 – 11 a.m. – Seated Yoga, presented by Leksi Simic from the Campus Recreation Center
- 11 – 11:30 a.m.- Making the Most of Professional Development Opportunities, presented by Bryan Harber from Workplace Learning & Professional Development
- 11:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Recognition and the Soul’s Journey to Wellness, presented by Mattie Hamilton from GTHR Employee Engagement
- 12 – 12:30 p.m. – How to Handle Life Stressors and Avoid Burnout, presented by Richelle Fields from the Wellness Empowerment Center
- 12:30 – 1 p.m. – Money Hacks with Georgia United Credit Union, presented by Maria Peifer from the Georgia United Credit Union
- 1:00 – 1:30 p.m. -Common Knowledge: Benefits 101, presented by Yolanda McDaniel and Kimberly Goler-Stubbs from GTHR
- 1:30 – 2 p.m. – Happy Hour, presented by Jennifer Attilus-August from GTHR Employee Engagement
- Acentra Health (formerly Kepro)
- Corebridge Financial (Formerly AIG)
- HSA Bank
- Kaiser Permanente
- Purchasing Power
- TRS (Teachers Retirement System)
- Buzz Card Services
- Campus Recreation Center (CRC)
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG)
- Environmental Health & Safety
- Faculty Benefits Committee
- Georgia Tech Athletics Association (GTAA)
- Georgia Tech Police Department (GTPD)
- GT Art
- Parking & Transportation
- Staff Council
- Tech Dentistry
- Workplace Learning & Professional Development (WLPD)
Shared Sick Leave Program
Did you know employees may voluntarily donate unused sick leave to the Georgia Tech Shared Leave Pool? Open Enrollment, October 23 through November 3, is your opportunity to make a donation to the Share Sick Leave Pool for calendar year 2024.
For enrollment, eligibility, and information about eligibility and how the program works, visit benefits.hr.gatech.edu/shared-sick-leave.
If you wish to join the shared sick leave pool, you must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Completion of your provisional employment period
- First time participants must donate a minimum of 8 hours sick leave during open enrollment (October 23 – November 3) AND
- Have a minimum 48 hours remaining in your sick leave balance on January 1, 2024, in order to maintain the required 40-hour sick leave balance after your donation is processed in January.
Already a Member?
If you are already a member of the Shared Sick Leave pool this is a reminder that although you are not required to donate additional sick leave to remain in the pool, you may donate up to 80 sick leave hours during the upcoming open enrollment period and retain a minimum of 48-hour sick leave balance on January 1, 2024. If you plan on retiring next year, now is the time to donate the sick leave you will not use, as you are not able to at the time of retirement, only during open enrollment.
For more information about this program, visit the USG Shared Sick Leave Program policy. If you have questions please contact GTHR Benefits at (404) 385-2377. Upcoming Open Enrollment Events Include” the USG Virtual Benefits Fair.